Ductless Mini Splits
Building For Tomorrow
Ductless Mini-Split Systems in Las Vegas
A More Energy-Efficient Cooling Solution
Sometimes, you need more air conditioning than your home is built to provide. In an ideal world, every building in Las Vegas would have an efficiently ducted central AC system that distributes cool air evenly throughout. But there are many situations where your building has insufficient cooling capabilities, whether you lack ducts or the air simply doesn’t circulate efficiently indoors. Many homeowners choose to install ductless mini-split air conditioners to individually control the temperature of each room.
Whether you have a ductless mini-split system that needs repairs, or you would like to install a new ductless unit, Legacy Air is here to provide the high-quality service Las Vegas customers have come to know and trust.
Call (725) 237-2441 to schedule an appointment!
The Highest Standards of AC Service
The Legacy Air team is dedicated to providing the highest possible quality AC services. We strive to provide same-day services to homeowners, with NATE-certified technicians and responsive customer service. Whether you’re experiencing an air conditioning emergency or would like to schedule a service in the near future, we will work on your schedule and make sure your ductless mini-split system is in peak working order upon completion of the job.
In fact, we have partnered with Mitsubishi, the leading manufacturer of ductless mini-split systems in order to provide not just expert service, but the highest caliber of mini-split installations and repairs in the industry.
What Exactly Is a Ductless Mini-Split AC?
For those of you who are just now exploring the options of ductless mini-splits, we’ll love to start by outlining what these AC systems really are, how they work, and how homeowners can benefit from their use.
Ductless mini-split air conditioners consists of three different types of components including:
- The outdoor unit – Like with your normal AC, the outdoor unit does the majority of the cooling work, releasing hot exhaust and draining the condensate. It connects to internal units via a conduit (some wires and tubing encased in tidy-looking plastic).
- The conduit – This contains a power cable, refrigerant tubing for on-demand cold, suction tubing, and a condensate drain. This needs only a small hole and connects to wall-mounted ductless mini AC units mounted in individual rooms in your home or commercial building.
- The mini AC units – The primary inspiration for the system’s name, these units can support several different temperature zones, providing a different amount of cold for each room where a unit is mounted. They can be set with individual thermostats to uniquely control how hot or cold each section of the building is, and some systems come with remotes or smart-home integration for even more dynamic and convenient controls.
Most ductless mini-split systems can support up to four cooling zones, allowing you four different rooms or sections of the building to control with individual temperature settings.
Examples of Ductless Mini-Split AC Applications
For customers wondering if a ductless mini-split is the right air conditioning system for your home or commercial building, the best way to decide is to consider your cooling needs. There are many situations where current ducts and airflow are insufficient, and others where zoned temperature control is an important feature.
Who can benefit from a ductless mini-split system?
- Homes and businesses where zoning is important – The primary benefit of the ductless mini-split system is the ability to individually control temperature zones. Whether you want the nursery in your home to be warmer than the living room, or you are running a commercial building like an office, apartment, or hotel with efficient temperature zones, a ductless mini-split system is a smart choice.
- Homes and businesses without ductwork or with insufficient ductwork – Not every building with central air is built efficiently. You may even have a home with aging window-units built into the walls instead of real ductwork. Other buildings have ductwork, but the airflow is so sluggish and poorly designed that you hardly gain any benefit. Ductless mini-splits can enhance an insufficient ducted air system or can add convenient modern AC to older buildings without ducted central air.
- Building additions where new ducts are impractical – New rooms, naturally, are not already connected to the ductwork and it may be impractical to extend the ducts into the new room to keep it cool. Whether you are adding rooms onto your home or renovating an apartment over the garage, a ductless mini-split system can save you some serious hassle by providing AC to areas where running ducts just isn’t an option.
Whether you are compensating for a lack of satisfactory AC or your goal is to provide individually controlled temperature zones, ductless mini-splits are a great solution and they are much less demanding to install than a fully ducted system.
Our Installation Process
Installing a ductless mini-split system involves much less work and cutting than installing a conventional ducted system, and you don’t need any dedicated wall or ceiling space to provide great on-demand cooling. To install your mini-split system, we will need a place for the outdoor condenser unit and designated locations in each room to place the mini units and to run the conduit lines.
Placing the conduits will be the most involved part because it requires drilling small holes in the wall and running a thick bundle of cables and tubing through the interior of your walls. However, once we finish the job, you will have a smoothly running zoned AC system that can be individually controlled, room by room.
When the installation is complete, what you will see is a tidy wall unit that provides a steady supply of cool air to any room in your home.
Ductless Mini-Split Repairs in Las Vegas
Ductless mini-split systems have been around since the 1970s, so we’re not surprised when we see a home or business that has already installed a system to make up for insufficient ductwork or to provide a more finely tuned control over building temperature zones. But like any other AC system, your ductless mini-split system can break down. If you’ve noticed a problem with one or more of your mini AC units, we can help.
Some of the common issues we fix include mini AC units that are:
- Blowing warm air
- Making rattling noises
- Not turning on or functioning properly
Our expert AC technicians can work on individual units and the system as a whole, ensuring that your conveniently zoned AC system is back in complete working order in the shortest possible time.
Legacy Air Is Dedicated to Winning Your Business
Whether you’re seeking a new ductless mini-split installation or need repairs on an existing system, our Las Vegas HVAC company is dedicated to providing the highest caliber of workmanship and customer relationships. We keep our team small, responsive, and highly trained, so we can provide excellent service every time. We also keep in touch with clients to make sure their ACs are performing satisfactorily all year long.
But you don’t have to take our word for it. Check us out on Yelp, Google, or the BBB to see how our service has built a stellar reputation among hundreds of Las Vegas residents just like you.